Do you expect things from your spouse? Do you ever wonder if you should or not?
Well, on this episode, we are talking about 3 common expectations that couples have that might be causing some struggle in their marriages.
We’re also talking about how unrealistic it is not to have ANY expectations of your spouse, but how do you find the balance? Join us as we straighten out what expectations are good to have and which ones, well…aren’t so good.
3 Common Expectations that turn into resentments
- Expecting Your Spouse to know what you want without asking them
- Expecting your spouse to meet all of your needs and always make you happy
- Expecting your spouse to always agree with you
Reasonable Expectations to have
- That your spouse will be willing to listen to you
- Your spouse to try and meet some of your needs and try to help you be happy
- To disagree with you on occasion
Join us on the next episode to learn The Power of Praying for Your Spouse. This episode comes with a freebie!
1 Corinthians’ 10:1 “If I speak with tongues of men and of angels , but have not love, I am a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal.”
Philippians 2:3 “Do nothing from selfish ambition or conceit, but in humility count others more significant that yourselves.”
Mark 9:35 “Any he said to them, “If anyone would be first, he must be last of all and servant of all.”