Is your marriage in a funk? Have you lost the friendship that you once had? We hope today’s episode was just the encouragement you needed to rekindle that long lost friendship. It’s vital to the longevity of your marriage and on this episode, we let you know why and gave you some tips on how to get it back!
According to God and the wise King Solomon, you should be enjoying one another. Ecc 9:9 tells you to enjoy life with the wife of your youth. Your friendship is not meant to go stale.
80% of couples who have divorced all claimed that disconnection and growing apart was a bug culprit of their demise. But this doesn’t have to be true for your marriage.
If you want to reestablish your friendship, here are some important things to do:
- Spend quality and quantity time together
- Talk to one another life you would a friend.
- Fight fair. Listen and respect each other.
- Appreciate your differences
- Play together
- Create healthy daily habits that connect
- Acknowledge & Appreciate one another
Don’t let the mundane and busyness of life steal away your fun and connection. Do the things that fan that flame of friendship. And remember, your emotional connection is 5 times more impactful than your physical connection. That’s huge! Invest in your friendship today!
Newlywed Couple's Devotional
(for Newlywed Couples and Newlywed Wanna-Be's)
• 52 Weekly Devotionals that explore common issues and themes every couple experiences, such as intimacy, love, commitment, household duties, finances, and more
• Everyday Scripture and Reflective Bible Studies that provide practical solutions to bringing marriages closer to God
• Action-Oriented Discussion Prompts that hold couples accountable for maintaining their God-anchored vows
• Weekly Prayers that are specific and relevant to the topics discussed