Whether it’s 7 years, 2 years, 10 years, or 20 years, there are no guarantees that marriage won’t get “itchy” on occasion. While there’s good merit as to why the 5-8 year time period might cause some struggle, it’s not time to render your marriage hopeless. There are some good reasons behind the struggle and ion this case, knowledge truly can be power.
We talked about 4 common reasons for that 7 year, or really any year, itch.
· The hormone cocktail of the newlywed life dissipates
· Marriage starts running like a business instead of a relationship
· Unmet expectations become very clear
· The piling up of undealt with problems
Even amidst these struggles, there’s no need to fret, because we shared 4 ways to get out and prevent those issues form coming up.
· Realize the honeymoon phase doesn’t last forever (hormone wise, anyways)
· Clock out and start having fun and play
· Let go of the idea of a perfect marriage
· Don’t be afraid to address the issues
Join us for our next episode on Gratefulness: Walking in an Attitude of Gratitude
Quotes from the episode :
“The honeymoon phase doesn’t last forever, but your love can still get deeper and richer.”
“Don’t get stuck in a business partnership. Clock out. Have fun, play—interrupt all the work”
“Let go of the idea of perfect.”