Do you have adult children, or are you dreading the day when they become adults and fly out of the nest? Well, today’s episode was for you. Your job as mom and dad are not over, so don’t worry about that, BUT, it will look different than it has for the last 18 years. Don’t worry, we filled you in with all that they need, and we shared with you how to help them be encouraged in all the things you raised them to do!
On today’s episode you learned all about having grace for the transition for both you and your baby turned adult. You also learned the list of things they need from you:
- Separation and space to soar
- Knowledge that you’re okay and going to be okay without them
- Your wisdom
- Your example
- Respect for their independence and choices
- Boundaries on both sides
Your job as a parent is far from over, it’s just going to look different and that’s ok. They may not be under your roof anymore, but they will always be in your hearts. Plus, you now get to be their friends, and I’ve got to tell you, that’s a pretty awesome perk!
Newlywed Couple’s Devotional
(for Newlywed Couples and Newlywed Wanna-Be’s)
• 52 Weekly Devotionals that explore common issues and themes every couple experiences, such as intimacy, love, commitment, household duties, finances, and more
• Everyday Scripture and Reflective Bible Studies that provide practical solutions to bringing marriages closer to God
• Action-Oriented Discussion Prompts that hold couples accountable for maintaining their God-anchored vows
• Weekly Prayers that are specific and relevant to the topics discussed